February 17, 2026
saps

VRYBURG – A 24-year-old man appeared at the Vryburg Magistrate’s Court on Monday for a bail application following his arrest on a charge of murder.

Court A was fully packed with community members from Huhudi Extension 1 and residents from Colridge, reflecting strong local interest in the case.

Ward councillor Pitso Gulane attended proceedings and expressed concern about what he described as a recurring trend in which accused persons secure bail by providing alternative addresses in Kagisano Molopo. He said the community believes the accused should remain in custody, arguing that his release could pose a danger to society.

One community member who claims to have previously been victimised by the accused told the court she and her children feel safer while he remains behind bars.

The case was postponed to Thursday, 19 February 2026. The State indicated it intends calling two witnesses during the bail proceedings, the police officer who recorded the accused’s statement and a colonel to whom the accused allegedly confessed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *